Company ProFile


History

1975

Wolfgang Lenhardt (motorcycle racer) and Bernd Wagner (master tool maker), establish the company Lenhardt & Wagner and combine their skills and knowledge in the development and manufacture of special exhaust systems for motorcycles.

1980

Bernd Wagner begins selling and servicing high pressure breathing air compressors.

1993

Development of the first LW 450 E high pressure compressor. A three stage, slow running compressor which appears to combine the best features for long life and reliability.

1994

Addition of the LW 160 and LW 225 range of compressors in electric, petrol and diesel versions.

1996

OEM work for Draeger and Auer Berlin (MSA Auer). The cooperation with MSA developed into a fruitful relationship with MSA distributing the L&W compressors under their own name through offices in 130 countries throughout the world.

1996

First LW 450 ES silent compressor. 

1997

Nitrogen compressors developed as part of the growing L&W range of products.

1998

Factory extended to accommodate the increased capacity. Extra building erected to store stock for the compressors.

1999

The production of exhaust systems is dropped and the factory concentrates on high pressure compressors and associated systems.

2000

The long awaited 260 series rolls out as silent [62 dB(A)] and open versions with enormous success.

2001

Introduction of refrigeration dryers for high pressure applications to improve air purification and filter duration. First presence on the world´s largest investment equipment show the Hannover Trade Fair.

2001

LW 260 E compact compressor launched as an economic version especially for sport diving applications

2002

Market diversification into CNG industry. The LW 720 compressor is developed as a CNG (and subsequently an air) compressor. Compressors supplied and installed for NGV filling stations.

2003

The new LW 1300 for Air, N2, and Natural gas is ready and was already sold more then 100 times during the first 6 month of its launch.

The LW 1300 is further developed and now available as Water-cooled booster with a Free Gas Delivery of up to 350 m3 / hour.

2004

January 20th. The opening of LW Compressors + Systems PTE Ltd in Singapore to cover the Asia-Pacific market. 
The Freedom of Choice campaign kick starts at ADEX Show in Singapore.

The LW 100 is on the test bench with great results and will be ready for sale in the second half of 2004.

LW 210 and LW 260 are modified and upgraded to LW 230 and LW 280.

2005

New branch office established in China

Turnover nearly doubled

Agent network extended to Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Korea and Japan

2007

Finished installations for Jurong Shipyard for Seadrill and Atwood oil rigs.

2008

Start to build the new state of the art factory in Germany.

2009

The new factory is finalized and LW Germany is moving in the new facilities in October 2009.

2010

LW Singapore expands into Australia with new distributors and well into Fiji and islands in the south pacific.

2011

LW Singapore has hired 2 more sales and service engineers to keep up with the compressor demand and service support, LW China is in preparation and will open in 2012.

2012

L&W China moved to its new premises in Shanghai.

home // our products // company profile // distributors & service stations // reference, links & glossary // terms & conditions // contact us
© 2003-2011 L&W Compressors + Systems Pte Ltd, Singapore
Tel: +65 6732 1178 . Fax: +65 6732 1176